Newsletter Summer 2014
Welcome to our summer newsletter. The recent sunny weather has given us all a real boost as residents enjoy a varied programme of outdoor events such as our Medieval themed open day and the Caribbean steel band which entertained us at our summer BBQ. This month one of the activity highlights will be our WW1 themed event which will also welcome residents and staff from Kettlewell House.
New development update
There’s great excitement here as our redevelopment project starts in the next few weeks. Our new home will offer state of the art care suites for 79 residents with physical frailty and dementia. Care suites have proven a great success in other Graham Care developments including those at Kettlewell House and Hazeldene House.
Employee of the month
Last year we introduced an employee of the month award to recognise individual staff members who are really making a difference. Recently we were delighted to nominate Melissa Tyrell who has only been with us for six weeks but already has shown outstanding commitment to her new job. Well done to Melissa and all of our previous employees of the month.
News in Brief
- We have recently been audited for the ISO 9001:2008 standard and were found to be fully compliant. This standard provides a framework for managing and improving our quality system.
- We sponsored the dog show at the Woodham & New Haw Midsummer event in June. This raised £100 for the community and we all had great fun doing it too!
- The Graham Care Awards celebration will take place on the evening of Friday 14 November at the Felbridge Hotel and Spa. The Awards celebrate the achievements of staff who are transforming the lives of people with dementia and physical frailty. Updates will be available on our website.
- It is now very much easier to leave a review of Rodwell Farm through an online form linked from our website to the Most Recommended Care service which links to both CQC and NHS Choices.
- Keep up to date with news at Rodwell Farm and other homes in the Graham Care Group on Twitter. Follow us at @grahamcare1